All Retaining Walls is pleased to offer a design consultation service for homeowners who want some help with selecting the appropriate retaining wall for their situation. Different types of retaining walls each involve different amounts of site preparation, construction cost and materials cost, and a design consultation willl help demystify the options available to you.
A design consultation involves a site visit, which generally takes 30-60 minutes, and you will receive a written report, usually within 5-10 working days, which will outline the best options for your installation.
During the site visit:
- the site will be assessed for drainage, site access, construction issues, retaining wall heights, lengths and widths.
- Your preferences for the finished look, any time constraints or budget considerations will also be discussed.
- Any existing issues or problems can be discussed with your consultant (eg. drainage, boundaries, impacts of neighbouring properties, or existing site/retaining wall problems).
Your consultant will be able to advise you on the types of retaining walls that are appropriate for your site. They will also be able to assist you with the selection of the most cost effective retaining wall for your site and design preferences.
The Design Consultation Report includes:
- What Questions to ask your Retaining Wall Contractor
- Appropriate Retaining Wall options for your site
- How to Specify the retaining wall for your site (what jargon you need to talk to the tradies and get a quality build)
- A checklist to assess the quality of the build
The Design Consultation costs $330 including GST and if you select All Retaining Walls to also do the construction for you, the fee is deductible from the total construction price.